21.3: Prolite® UV
Ultraviolet or "UV" is a type of energy found in the electromagnetic spectrum lying between x-rays and visible light. Ultraviolet light offers disinfection through the 265 nm wavelength of UV (or germicidal UV). The UV energy attacks the genetic core of the harmful microorganism and rearranges the DNA preventing reproduction. If the microbe cannot replicate, it cannot infect! UV is quick and the most cost effective way to disinfect your water.
Prolite® Water Purification Systems are designed to purify your water through UV3 or UV4 stages before consumption:
- UV light, 30,000 Microwatt/Second at 1.0 GPM. This replaceable UV lamp is protected by glass quarts sleeve and Stainless Steel channel for optimum performance.
- Prolite® UV systems are complete with feed valve, 44V ballast, tubing, and attractive long – reach faucet, compete system ready to install.
- UV light is environmentally safe and is superior to other methods such as chlorination and ozonation.
- Long Life 9000 hours UV disinfection against microorganisms including bacteria and viruses. Light indicator for visual inspection of UV operation.
- Enjoy pure and healthy water for: Drinking, Cooking, Coffee & Tea
- Convenient for: Homes, Offices, Restaurants, Schools, and Clubs
Prolite® Water Purification Systems, 3 or 4 stages
|Model||Description||Number of Stages||Flow Rate GPM||System Dimensions WX-DX-HX||Shipping Weight LBS.|
|SYS-PROLITE-UV3||Ultraviolet Drinking Water System, Complete Set||3||1.0||6″ X 5″ X 12||4|
|SYS-PROLITE-UV4||Ultraviolet Drinking Water System, Complete Set||4||1.0||11″ X 6″ X 12||6|
Included Stage Filters:
|Model||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4|
|SYS-PROLITE-UV3||5 Micron Sediment Filter||5 Micron Carbon Block||1.0 GPM UV Light|
|SYS-PROLITE-UV3||5 Micron Sediment Filter||GAC||5 Micron Carbon Block||1.0 GPM UV Light|
^ Suggested list price FOB Houston, Texas. Actual cost may vary. Subject to change without notice. Call for items not listed.